- Primarily back or neck pain with or without ‘referred’ symptoms to the limbs.
- Whiplash associated disorders
- Stiffness and restricted movement
- Cervicogenic headaches
- ‘Mechanical’ neck and low back pain
- Degenerative pain.
- Postural related neck and back pain.
Some patients may not be eligible for the service as some conditions are not appropriate for referral. Exclusions:
- Suspicions of serious pathology– urgent to secondary care or as per locally agreed pathways.
- Patients under 16 years of age.
- Patients that do not meet referral criteria.
- Patients who are not registered with a GP in locality.
- Patients who it is recognised at point of referral / initial assessment have little or no potential for further or sustained improvement through undertaking a course treatment.
- Patients with widespread musculoskeletal pain.
- Patients who have a primary peripheral limb problem with secondary back and neck pain (e.g. hip or shoulder problems, foot or gait abnormalities).
- Women who are over 35 weeks pregnant.
If you have any questions please speak to your GP or call our reception who can pass your query to a clinician to answer.